CLOSE

Siddharth Malhotra: This student has now become a warrior


- 'The city of Mumbai has taught me a lot, given me a lot. Mumbai teaches you to get along with people, work hard and be disciplined. People who come here and do not work hard are thrown away. This city lifts up the hard worker.'

Siddharth Malhotra may be considered as one of the most handsome heroes of Bollywood, but his true 'look' comes out in action films, not romantic films. Watch 'Shershah', watch 'Mission Majnu', watch the web show 'Indian Police Force' or catch a glimpse of the upcoming 'Yodha'. Siddharth looks really cool in action scenes. Just look at the Indian James Bond.

Siddharth Malhotra says, 'I have played different types of characters in films, but I never got the chance to wear the khaki uniform before. I got this opportunity, because of 'Indian Police Force'. While doing this series, I got to know how our police officers, especially special unit officers deal with terrorists, what challenges they face, what protocols they have to follow, what their personal lives are like. Generally we take police officers very lightly. Sometimes we have certain prejudices in our mind towards those in uniform. But ever since I did this series, I have a lot of respect for him.'

Not only the audience, his wife Kiara Advani has also loved his uniformed look. What more do you need!

Siddharth is a 'Delhi Ka Munda', but now he has become a true Mumbaikar. He says, 'This colorful city has taught me a lot, given me a lot. Mumbai teaches you to get along with people, work hard and be disciplined. People who come here and do not work hard are thrown away. This city lifts up the hard worker.'

What Siddharth Malhotra is saying, he has done and shown. Over the past decade, he has toiled without looking back. He says, 'I still have a lot of fire inside me. I am still not satisfied with my work. The work I have done so far is the first puni in Pashera. I still have a long way to go. I came to Mumbai to become a Hindi film hero. My dream has come true, but I want to do big films on the big screen.

Siddharth Malhotra is especially excited for the upcoming 'Yodha'. Dharma Productions, which launched Siddharth from 'Student of the Year', has made 'Yodha'.

It's been a year since Siddharth Malhotra-Kiara Advani's wedding. Siddharth giggles and says, 'I am so happy! I am going through the best phase of my life. Until a year ago my family was in Delhi, but now I have my own family in Mumbai too!'

Comments