CLOSE

Ahana Kumara: Since I am not part of any camp, I have not found work for two years


- 'It is really strange that even though you have done so much, people here do not take you into account and ignore you.'

After actress Priyanka Chopra-Jones said, 'I was marginalized in the industry at one point,' the debate that different camps exist in Bollywood began to rage. After this singer Aman Malik also said the same and for that a number of tweets were created on Twitter. done Not only this, he also said that such an environment has the opposite effect on work.

Now actress Ahana S. Kumara says, 'This is everyday. All this really happens in Bollywood. This is not a myth.' Along with this, he also said that he had to stay away from work for two years due to Bollywood camps. There was a lot of discussion in Bollywood about this and different talks started happening for the camps. People who were victims of such camps in one way or another have started raising their voice.

We have seen Ahana in films like 'Lipstick Under My Burkha', 'Accidental Prime Minister', 'Khuda Hafiz'. On the issue of grouping, the actress says, 'Currently I am shooting for a project in Dehradun, but I have not got any work for the last five years. I have noticed that artists who are associated with certain people are rehired. I am no part of that circle. So if you ask me does this camp etc affect me getting work?- I would say, yes. It happens.'

Along with this, the actress adds, 'This thing bothers me too. To those who have raised such different fences in this business, I ask, would you give work to so-and-so just because it is associated with a particular star? Groupism exists in Bollywood and what can one do about it?'

Ahana has also appeared in Bollywood projects like 'Inside Edge', 'It Happened in Hong Kong', 'Marzi', 'Betal', 'Sandwich', 'Forever' and 'Call My Agent'. He says, 'During a bad phase I decided to keep my energy positive rather than burn myself. I wrote a lot during this free period. I traveled a lot. The more I get out of the city, the more I realize that there are many things to do in life. I decided that I am not going to beg people for work. They will hire me when they need me. Although it's really strange that people here don't take you for granted even though you've done so much. They just ignore you. However, I am now focusing my time and energy on writing.'

Ahna Kumara concludes, 'I am not really a part of any camp. I don't know which people, which camp... For me, my camp means my close friends and my college gang. Gets it!'

By saying this, Ahna puts a full stop to the controversy.

Comments