
- 'People keep telling me that I should go to parties. In this way contacts are increased and work is found. It's true, but I don't believe in getting work like this.'
'Gangubai Kathiawadi' (2022) has given a new dimension to Shantanu Maheshwari's career. His performance in this film was well received by the audience and was praised by the critics as well. Now Shantanu feels that he is being accepted as an actor. Importantly, ever since 'Gangubai....', the actor has been receiving many offers, but Shantan doesn't seem to be getting any work. He wants to do only selected films. He does not want to play the same roles again and again.
It may be mentioned here that Shantanu was known as a dancer as he has participated in a number of dance reality shows, but now that he has branched out as an actor as well, he has to do more in this field. He says that now he wants to play a role that gives him a wide opportunity to act. However, Shantanu says that dance will always be my first love. He further says that I have been able to enter the industry because of my acting ability, but when I hear people saying that it is dancing, I realize that they mean that I have no acting ability. I used to feel sad hearing such things. I wanted to be known as a performer.
I wanted to do both types of roles that are related to dance as well as acting, and now my aspiration is coming true.
There is also truth in the actor's words. Recently his web show 'Tooth Fairy: When Love Bites' was launched. Shantanu says that after 'Gangubai...' I got new viewers. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll stop doing what I love to do for those who have always loved and admired me as a dancer and TV actor.
It has been almost 10 years since Shantanu entered the entertainment world. Meanwhile, he has learned not to listen to everyone's advice. He says I only listen to my close people, take their advice. He further says that many people are telling me that I should go to parties. Going to parties increases contacts and leads to work. I also do not deny this. But I don't believe in getting work like this.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanx for your precious time