CLOSE

Taapsee Pannu: I am proud to be an outsider


- 'Shah Rukh can discuss any topic intelligently and present his point with facts, figures and real information. Shahrukh has read a lot. He also knows a lot about subjects other than films. I am really impressed with Shahrukh's knowledge.'

So I know, Taapsee Pannu is not just an actress anymore, she has also become a producer? Did you know, Taapsee's first produced film was titled 'Blur' (2022) and the latest film is 'Dhak Dhak' (2023)? Did you also know that Taapsee named her banner 'Outsider Films' with a heavy roof?

'Yes, I'm a Bollywood outsider and I'm proud of it,' says Taapsee, 'I don't have a pet in the industry, never have. Despite being an outsider, I have achieved well in this field and achieved all this solely on the strength of my talent. That is why I have also named my banner Outsiders Films.'

It is a fact that in Bollywood, or for that matter, even in South Indian film industries, outsiders, who have no acquaintances or connections, have to struggle a lot. Taapsee says, 'Bollywood's outsiders lack unity. Actually, the actors who come from outside should support each other, support each other, but this does not happen.'

Taapsee's gesture is probably towards Kangana Ranaut. Who knows what Taapsee might have said about Kangana or Kangana has tied the knot. He repeatedly belittled Taapsee by calling her 'cheap copy'. Apart from calling her a 'cheap copy', Kangana has slammed Taapsee many times. Taapsee, however, never reacted strongly to Kangana.

Well, Taapsee is on a roll these days. He is obviously overjoyed as 'Dunky' has fulfilled his age-old dream of working with Shah Rukh 'Sir'. The effect is that in 2023, Shah Rukh's 'Pathan' and 'Jawaan' did well, but Rajkumar Hirani's 'Dunky' did not do well. It is not so. 'Dunky', made at a cost of 120 crores, has so far done a business of 470.6 crores, to be precise, almost four times. 'Dunky' is a successful film. Yes, it doesn't have the memorability of Rajkumar Hirani's previous film. There is nothing wrong in considering 'Dunky' as a love story. Taapsee has got the same footage as Shahrukh in the film.

Taapsee says, 'When Rajkumar Hirani offered me the role of Shah Rukh's heroine in 'Dunky', I didn't accept it at first. I had a definite image of Shahrukh as a superstar in my mind. It took me a long time to erase that image. I was very hesitant at first when we started working. Me and Shah Rukh's acting process is very different. Shahrukh loves rehearsals, while I don't at all. Gradually I started adopting Shahrukh's style. Shah Rukh helped me a lot and thus I got back in shape.'

Shah Rukh and Taapsee's chemistry in 'Dunky' looks great. Says Taapsee, 'Shah Rukh can discuss any topic intelligently and present his point with facts, figures and real knowledge. Shahrukh has read a lot. He also knows a lot about subjects other than films. I am really impressed with Shahrukh's knowledge.'

'Dunky' is different, whereas Taapsee has given the impression that she only accepts women-centric and serious films. 'This is completely wrong...' Taapsee explains, 'Why, I have done films like 'Mission Mangal', 'Baby', 'Soorma'. My role in it was also small or there were other heroines in it.'

All four of Taapsee's films are coming up - 'Wo Ladki Hai Kahan' with Prateek Gandhi, 'Phir Ai Hasin Dilruba', 'Khel Khel Mein' with Akshay Kumar and a Tamil film called 'Alien'... and yes, a 'Dhak Dhak' as a producer- It has been confirmed that 'To' will also be made. Taapsee has been in a relationship with Danish professional badminton player Mathias Baugh for years. One thing out of a hundred. Both Taapsee's professional and personal life is stable, balanced.

Nice!

Comments