CLOSE

I will remain a baby for Big B: Abhishek Bachchan


- Abhishek, who was initially shocked by Amitabh's praise, has come to understand his feelings after becoming a father himself...

Although Amitabh Bachchan is a superstar who is very popular in the Hindi film industry, as a father, he feels proud of his children just like a common man. R. Big B is not tired of praising son Abhishek's role in Balki directed film 'Ghoomar'. Being the son of Amitabh Bachchan means a big responsibility in the public mind. Big B's comparison used to be a big problem for Abhishek in the beginning. Even Big B was hesitant to praise Abhishek in public till recently, but now Amitabh Khuli has no qualms about praising his son in public.

In this regard, son Abhishek Bachchan says, 'Now he is comfortable praising me in public. When I tell them don't praise me, people will sit down, now they say I am your father anyway. I also have this right. I also understand that apart from being a great artist, he is also a father. I'm 47 years old, but I'll always be a little boy to them. I can understand this today, as I am also Aaradhya's father. If Aaradhya does something good, I also like to show it to the whole world.'

Nowadays, Abhishek Bachchan chooses films very carefully. In 2018 he did the romantic drama 'Manmarziyaan', then in 2021 he did the thriller 'Bob Biswas'. Amitabh is also applauding his son's choice. Abhishek says, 'People should also understand that artists are also common people. In the beginning when my career was not succeeding as expected, I kept thinking to myself that you can imagine how your parents must be doing right? They are not in a position to do anything themselves when their children are severely criticized in public. I often find people insensitive when they criticize my father for praising me. Because people forget the fact that Amitabh Bachchan is also a father. Just imagine that after all these years he has the courage to say what he feels as a father in public!'

In Balki's new film 'Ghoomar', for which his father is praising his work, Abhishek Bachchan plays the role of a cricket coach who is quite the maniac. In this sports drama of Balki, Abhishek Bachchan has played the role of a coach who tries to make one-armed Saiyami Kher a woman cricketer. Abhishek says, 'I found Balki's offer as an actor irresistible. My character in 'Ghoomar' is that of a coach who has all the qualities that a coach should not have, but at the end of the film people realize that he is a good coach. I have enjoyed realizing this tension between behavior and character on the silver screen.' By saying this, Abhishek concludes the talk.

Comments