CLOSE

Soorila singer Armaan Malik dreamed of becoming an actor


- 'Having acted in music videos for years, I am comfortable in front of the camera. Of course, muze apne talent ko nikharane ki grahaat hai.'

Singers from Kundan Lal Saigal to Sonu Nigam have tried their hand at acting in Hindi films. Most of them did not go on as actors. There are very few exceptions like the evergreen Kishore Kumar. Kishorada was successful in both singing and acting. Sadgat Mukesh came to Mumbai from Delhi to become an actor, but after doing so many films, he realized his limitations and turned to the world of music. Talat Mehmood, the owner of Makhamli Voice was a super hit as a singer but his acting was not noticed. An example from the recent past is Sonu Nigam. Sonu, who looks like a typical hero of Hindi cinema, has worked his hand by acting in a few films. Of course, as a singer he has been on top for years. Now melodious singer Armaan Malik has expressed his desire to act in films.

Armaan Malik, who recently performed with American songwriter and singer Love (LAUV) at a concert in Mumbai, says, 'Now I am ready to act in films. I am now determined to do something in the field of acting. Main Chahta Hoon Ki (Acting Bhi) Achche Se Karu. I don't want to act. I want people to refer to me as an actor the same way they refer to me as a singer. People don't talk about me as a singer so it occurred to me that I can act too. That is why he is acting now. I want to do something meaningful.' The question is, where did the singer, who has been singing melodious songs for 17 years, get the urge to act? Currently, Malik, who is in the news for singing 'Ankaha' in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's biopic 'Main Atal Hoon', has this to say, 'Working in music videos has convinced me that there is an actor inside me too. Initially, I didn't even think about acting, but acting in my music videos over the years has helped me a lot in becoming comfortable in front of the camera. I can be quite comfortable in front of the camera today. But, of course, I need to hone my talent.

The 28-year-old handsome singer has got an acting offer right? Responding in the affirmative, Armaan says, 'Yes, absolutely, sir. I got offers to act in films and OTT shows, but I didn't accept them because I didn't feel for a character in a single script narration, Yeh Armaan Malik Hai. I insist that the role should be written for me, so I will either write the script for myself or wait for someone else to write a role that suits me.'

Comments