CLOSE

Jaggu Dada has been in Filmline for four decades


- 'No matter the platform or medium, human emotions are the same. Both OTT and movies are the highlights of the medium. I love working in both mediums. '

- 'Became a hero, but for four years I didn't leave my walk in Mumbai.'

It has been four decades since Jaggu Dada and Jackie Shroff worked in Hindi films and he has seen many successes in this line. Finally Jaggu Dada's movie Mast Mein Rahne Ka came on Amazon Prime. Jaggu Dada has teamed up with Neena Gupta in it. Jackie says that I have always respected Neena Gupta as an artist. The experience of working with them is unique. We once did a short film called Khujli. After a long time now we have got an opportunity to work together. Along with Abhishek Chauhan and Monica Panwar, we worked like a family on the sets.

How do you feel the difference between working on blockbuster films once and now working on OTT? Answering such a question, Jaggudada in his characteristic style says, 'Whatever the platform or medium, human emotions are the same. Both OTT and films are his forte of media. I love working in both mediums. But the truth is that be it street play, puppetry, drama, cinema, TV or OTT - whatever the medium may be, the emotions conveyed in it do not change. '

Jaggudada attributes his love of being around people to his experience living in Mumbai's Chala. Reminiscing about Chal, he says, 'I was born in Chal. Chal means a place where everyone can be together. There were small openings and you had to line up to go to the bathroom to shower in the morning. One had to fill a bucket with water and take a bath. Because of this life experience I am always connected to the solid ground of reality.'

Describing a great experience of her walk-life, Jackie says, 'We had seven holes in our walk. Seven-eight people lived in each kholi. Now there were only three bathrooms between these seven holes, due to which everyone had to line up to take a shower in the morning. I was modeling in those days and used to stand in line like everyone else to take a shower. Then I became a hero, but even then I had to stand in line to take a bath. However, Chalasis said Jaggu hero ban gaya hai, usko ek bathroom de do. He allotted me a bathroom and also locked it. However, I refused saying that this would cause more trouble to others. People did not give up. He said that the producers come to meet you. So you must have your own separate bathroom. He made this great sacrifice to preserve my comfort. Even today I have not forgotten my friends living in Chal. My father used to take me every morning to the Irani restaurant opposite the house. I miss all these things. I like people. I love them. I don't like being away from them. The habit of living in a chala was so great that even after becoming a hero, I stayed in my chala in Tin Batti area of ​​Walkeshwar for four years.'

Talking about his favorite film, Jaggudada says, 'I like my film 'King Uncle' more. It's about a man who doesn't like children, but eventually adopts one. Today many senior citizens who have been abandoned live in old age homes. But there are children who are abandoned. If you open your eyes, you will understand their suffering. The film 'King Uncle' gave a beautiful message of adopting abandoned children.'

Comments